Welcome To Arama
Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association (ARAMA) is a membership based, not for profit, peak industry body which represents the interests of people who are involved in Management Rights. ARAMA members operate management rights or are associated with the management rights industry.
“Management rights” is a business that a resident manager conducts in a property that operates under body corporate, strata or community titles legislation. There are several parts of the business:
- The resident manager owns a unit in the complex as well as owning the business. Hence they have a financial interest in the scheme and they conduct business from the site.
- The resident manager has a written caretaking contract with the body corporate or owners’ corporation to provide caretaking services for the complex for an agreed salary and for an agreed time period.
- The resident manager has a written authorisation from the body corporate or owner’s corporation to operate a letting business onsite for those investor owners who choose to use their services.
- The resident manager has a written appointment from each owner for whom he/she acts, to provide the services of letting agent for the property.
- The Management Rights model can apply to short term letting which includes holiday letting, corporate letting, groups, conferences and also to long term letting which includes student accommodation and residential tenancies.